christ-chapel-church

Employment

Available Positions

Elementary Kids Coordinator/Pastor

Christ Chapel Church
Woodbridge, Virginia, United States

Date Posted: 07/17/2023
Categories: Children’s Ministry
Denominations: Assemblies of God
Church Size: 1001 to 1500
Job Type: Full-Time
Pay Type: Salary
Pay: $35,000
Employee Workplace: On-site
 

Position Summary:

The Christ Chapel Elementary Kids Coordinator/Pastor is responsible for helping accomplish the overall goals and vision of Christ Chapel Children’s Ministries through coordinator tasks within the Elementary Kids ministry.

Essential Job Functions:

  • Oversee all Elementary Kids ministry programs, events, and volunteers in Christ Chapel’s Children’s Ministry.
  • Create fun events for kids and their families outside of the weekend experience.
  • Participate and manage elementary kids quarterly and yearly events
    • Summer Camp
    • Giving Tree
    • Spring and Fall Outreach
    • Potomac District Ministry Network Kids events (as necessary)
  • Provide primary administrative support for Elementary Kids Ministry.
  • Maintain and steward children’s ministry budget as approved by Lead Pastor.
  • Recruit volunteers and manage a rotating volunteer schedule for Elementary ministry.
  • Make Christ Chapel Kids the best hour in every child’s week!
    • Be the primary teacher in elementary ministry during weekend services.
    • Develop a dynamic worship ministry for elementary ministry.
    • Develop teams for kids to serve and grow in their leadership.
    • Develop the facility to create a fun and engaging environment for kids and leaders.
    • Partner with parents in providing connection opportunities, training, and resourcing for discipleship at home.
  • Promote a culture of giving and generosity within elementary ministry.
  • Train Elementary Kids team members in their roles and assist in presenting opportunities, such as workshops and seminars, that will build upon their skills.
  • Build and maintain godly relationships, and actively partner in prayer with caregivers, children, volunteers, and children’s ministry staff.
  • Handle emergencies or difficult situations professionally, redirecting to the Christ Chapel Next Generation Pastor when necessary.
  • In collaboration with NextGen ministry departments, develop and maintain appropriately aged curriculum and programming for each Elementary Kids service that represents Christ Chapel’s vision and beliefs for midweek and weekend ministry times.
  • Lead and develop outreach strategies and events in collaboration with Evangelism Pastor.
  • Ensure that all Elementary Kids ministry areas are clean, safe, and adequately stocked.
  • Other duties, as assigned by the Christ Chapel Next Generation Pastor.

Core Competencies:

  • Must adhere to the Christ Chapel policies as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
  • Must possess a strong character, interpersonal skills, pleasant personality and be able to interact with a high degree of tact, diplomacy, discretion, flexibility and courtesy in gesture and speech.
  • Must have the ability to interact effectively with children, parents, and peers.

General Responsibilities:

  • Cooperate with the Senior Pastor, Executive Pastor, Board of Elders and other staff members in promoting the entire ministry vision and mission of Christ Chapel Church.
  • Participate in all required staff meetings, events and activities.
  • Participate and collaborate in ways to minister to students and families of Christ Chapel Academy.
  • Participate in training opportunities as approved by NextGen Ministry Pastor.
  • Serve as an effective staff liaison to assigned ministry teams and/or committees.

Personal Responsibilities

  • Maintain a vital and growing personal walk with the Lord through committed Bible study, prayer, worship, and other spiritual disciplines.
  • Maintain proper priorities in your home life.
  • Develop personal evangelism opportunities within and outside the church.
  • Financially support the works of Christ Chapel Church by faithfully giving at least 10% of your gross income. Maintain wise stewardship measures over the remaining 90%.

 

Other Duties:

 Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time, with or without notice.