Christ Chapel Church
Christ Chapel Church is seeking to hire a qualified full-time Church Administrator
Reports to: Lead Pastor.
The Church Administrator is responsible for assisting the church programming organization in planning, conducting and evaluating a comprehensive administration program and providing leadership. Lead the church in planning, conducting, and evaluating a comprehensive plan of business operations for the church. Direct oversight will consist of financial, personnel, facilities, food services and computer operations of the church. Responsible to the Lead Pastor for all long-range financial matters and to establish church-wide financial and administrative objectives, policies, programs, and practices which ensure the church of a continuously sound financial structure. Controls the flow of cash through the organization and maintains the integrity of funds, securities and other valuable documents.
Specific List of Responsibilities
- Coordinate the preparation of the annual budget for the church and its LLC and auxiliary operations.
- Manage the cash-flow position of the church. Responsibility includes authority to establish credit and collections and purchasing policies and to establish schedules for the payment of bills and financial obligations.
- Responsible for the preparation of monthly financial statements and review with appropriate staff and the Finance Committee.
- Maintain relationships with financial institutions. Administer banking arrangements and loan agreements, and invest the church’s assets as approved by the Finance Committee.
- Responsible for all accounting functions including: AP/AR, payroll, capital expenditures, capital stewardship, cash management, loans, audits, and internal accounting controls. Provides support for the finance and other committees as required.
- Serve as church purchasing agent.
- Develop recommendations to appropriate boards, committees and ministry teams on financial matters. Ensure financial procedures in accordance with policies approved by the Finance Committee are followed by all departments and LLC/auxiliary operations.
- Promote stewardship initiatives throughout the year.
- Responsible for the writing, issuing and annual updating of all policies, which encompass generally accepted accounting principles and internal accounting controls for the operation and administration of the business affairs of the church and its auxiliary and LLC operations.
- Work with the Internal Audit Committee in planning and assisting the external auditors in performing their audit activities.
- Supervise church administrative support, accounting, maintenance, food service, and Technical (IT) support staff. Prepares required employee appraisals.
- Responsible for the writing, issuing and annual updating of all personnel policies and the Employee Handbook for the church and its auxiliary and LLC operations.
- Administer the employee benefit program in accordance with the Employee Handbook.
- Maintain all personnel files in accordance with church policy as well as federal, state and local laws.
- Assist the ministerial staff in balancing the clerical workload.
- Make appropriate recommendations to all church departments and auxiliary and LLC operations on personnel matters.
- Ensure compliance of all applicable governmental regulations and requirements.
- Coordinate, research, and evaluate financial commitments and contracts and ensure compliance.
- Work with the church’s legal council should any legal action be brought against the church.
- Provide oversight of the church maintenance program. Works with the Director of Facilities to establish maintenance and housekeeping schedules.
- Responsible for the safety and security of the church buildings and grounds. Ensure compliance with the fire and safety codes, parking and traffic flow.
- Coordinate and provide “owner rep” oversight of church major and minor construction projects.
- Maintain an inventory of church property and equipment.
IT (Information Technology)
- Provide oversight for communication technology, internet, and database management systems
- Assists in the facilitation and development of a comprehensive strategic plan for the church and its LLC/auxiliary operations.
- Establish as necessary volunteer committees and ministry teams to assist in accomplishing the tasks inherent to the Church Administrator position. Ensure that each committee and ministry team is properly organized and functioning. Provides oversight to the preparation of position descriptions for each committee and ministry team.
- Supervise the data processing function of the church to include the development and maintenance of church web sites.
- Other general responsibilities:
- Cooperate with the Lead Pastor, Board of Elders and other staff members in promoting the entire ministry plan of the Christ Chapel and its LLC/auxiliary operations.
- Assist in recruiting and enlisting needed workers for all ministry areas.
- Utilize the services of the secretarial and facilities staff, which are consistent with their Position Description.
- Supply articles on a periodical basis for use in Christ Chapel publications relating to your responsible area of ministry.
- Give full support to the Unified General Operating Budget of Christ Chapel and avoid soliciting or expending funds not previously authorized.
- Serve as an effective staff liaison to assigned Ministry Teams and/or Standing Committees
Basic personal responsibilities:
- Maintain a vital and growing personal walk with the Lord through committed Bible study, prayer and meditation.
- Maintain proper priorities in your home and be the spiritual leader to your wife and children, if married.
- Develop personal evangelism opportunities within and outside the church.
- Financially support the works of ministries of Christ Chapel by faithfully giving at least 10% of your gross income. Maintain wise stewardship measures over the remaining 90%
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Lead Pastor.
If you are interested in joining our team of enthusiastic professionals, please send a cover letter and current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Christ Chapel Academy
TEACHERS (PreK – 12th Grade):
CCA is seeking to hire a qualified teacher to join our amazing team for the 2022-2023 school year.
Interested candidates must possess:
- A teaching degree or the equivalent, as well as classroom experience
- A desire to teach in the Christian school setting through a Biblical world view.
CCA offers competitive salaries for a private school in our area as well as health care benefits.
If you are interested in joining our team of enthusiastic professionals, please send a cover letter and current resume to email@example.com.